Hon Sam Osasa is a highly cerebral achiever of proven ability with extensive professional experience in both public and private sectors. His core competence cut across legal, security and politics.
He attended the University of Ife now Obafemi Awolowo University where he had B.Sc.(Hons) Second Class Upper in Sociology and Anthropology in 1982. He had his National Youth Service Corps in the Nigeria Institute of Social and Economic Research, Ibadan as Research Officer in 1983. He later proceeded to University of Lagos where he obtained his degree in Law (LLB) in 1988 and was later called to Nigeria Bar in 1989.
After a brief practice with the Chambers of Abugo Babga and Co., he established his chambers, Sam O. Osasa and Co. (Osumili Chambers) which has been involved in civil, criminal and commercial practices over the years.
- In 1992, he contested for the Federal House of Representatives and won overwhelmingly which saw him to the Federal House of Representatives where he represented Ndokwa West Federal Constituency of Delta State. This assignment he did to the admiration of his people and has since then turned him till date as grassroot politician.
- In 1996 he was appointed Special Adviser to the Sole Administrator of the then Oil Mineral Producing Area Development Commission (OMPADEC) where he served meritoriously. As a Special Adviser, he had added assignment to oversee the legal department of the commission and acted as the Director of Legal Services.
- In 2007, he was appointed the Special Assistant to the then Honourable Minister of Special Duties, a position he held till 2010 when he was reappointed as the Special Assistant to Honorable Minister of Economic Planning of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- In 2011, he was further reappointed as Special Assistant to the Honourable Minister of Niger Delta Affairs which he held till 2014.
- Presently, he is the Executive Secretary of Delta State Security Trust Fund, Delta State of Nigeria.
- 2011 PDP Presidential Primary Election Committee
- 2012 Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs Town Hall Committee that contributed to the Niger Delta Masterplan
- Presidential Sub-committee on Niger Delta crisis that toured all the militant camps in Niger Delta creeks which led to the present amnesty programme